Re: Darwin patches?

From: scott hutinger
Subject: Re: Darwin patches?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:39:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Max Horn wrote:

> >Ok, cdemo tests fail.  What are the requirements from admin for
> >modification to cdemo if needed?  Sorry I have to ask, sometimes people
> >have various reasons for not allowing specific modifications.
>
> The problem is not in cdemo, this is a test, and it fails for valid
> reasons on Darwin - namely, it is the zsh quoting issue strikin once
> more. I reported this before, but I am not the one to fix this in
> libtool's source - libtool's source ain't easy to understand, yet to
> modify in a manner that doesn't break many other systems.

Yes, I was asking what the requirements are for regression testing
modifications if need be.  Normally this isn't a good thing, and causes
problems all around for some time (new branch until working again).  But
in some instances the modifications are small enough not to pull a domino
effect.  I think everyone knows that anyway.

> Note that it is *not* sufficient to fix the files like ltmain.sh,
> libtool, ltconfig etc. - these files are generated from other
> meta-source files.

Yes, sort of too bad eh?

> You should also look at the mailing list archives for some recent
> posts by me on this and other issues.

I will,
thanks,
scott