Re: Turning of C++ detection on latest alpha

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Turning of C++ detection on latest alpha
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:51:08 +1000

Samuel Meder <address@hidden> writes:

> Passing a empty with_tags does only turn of the GCJ stuff. C++
> detection is still done.

Oops, I forgot the key is to have AC_PROG_CXX and AC_PROG_CXXCPP
expanded, but only executed when desired.  The dead hand of AC_REQUIRE
I suspect :-).

Actual example below.  No c++ probes,

        ./configure

unless enabled,

        ./configure --enable-cxx

As I say, dunno if this is the right way, but it gets something like
the right effect.