RE: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?

From: Danny Smith
Subject: RE: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:02:40 +1000 (EST)

 --- Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote: > Danny, I hope you
don't object to being copied in...

Known problem which will not be solved until the exception handling mechansim
of libgcc.a lives in a .dll    What happens is that there are too copies of the

exception handling code: One in the dll and one in the app.   The one in dll is
there because of the problem with no-undefined synbols when building the dll.
When the dll throws an exception it expects to catch it in its own  space. It
doesn't (because the catch is in the app space) so the uncaught exception
causes an abort.  That was my excuse when I played shortstop anyway.

Danny

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!