Re: lt_* stability

From: gary
Subject: Re: lt_* stability
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:32:22 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> i'm interested in finding out how stable libltdl API is.

The core lt_dlinit/lt_dlopen/lt_dlsym/lt_dlclose/lt_dlexit API remains
unchanged since its original introduction into libtool releases.

> has it changed much in its history?

New calls have been added to exploit richer semantics and new features over the
years... user loader discipline management, library search path maintenance etc.

> do the Authors think it will change much in its future?

I am sure that new features will continue to creep in over time, and new API
entry points will be added, but I would be very surprised if binary
compatibility were broken.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--