Re: getting a locally built library

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: getting a locally built library
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:36:20 -0800

David Bacher wrote:

There's the problem:

> Configure parameters:
> CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib
> --prefix=/sw
> --enable-snprintfv-install
> --mandir=/sw/share/man
> --infodir=/sw/share/info

You're specifically adding -L/sw/lib.  Don't.
It will get added by the configure script in the
right place automatically, as long as /sw/bin/guile-config
and xml2-config are properly found with the PATH variable.

> As far as I can tell, libtool turns "../autoopts/libopts.la" into
> "-L../autoopts/.libs -lopts".

It looks like it to me, too.  The libtool line has the
former and the actual link line the latter.  Looks wrong
to me.

I've dropped automake from the cc list.