system vs local libname.a

From: The HighHat
Subject: system vs local libname.a
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:00:15 -0500

Using libtool and automake to build statically linked executable from multiple convencience libs on linux that has both gcc 2.96 and gcc 3.2 installed....

There are several prebuild libraries that must get linked into the final executable as well. Let's call one of them libname.a

There is a "name" pkgs already installed on the host. This package has a libname.a and and in system LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

autoconf and the resulting configure seem to be accurate.

makefiles generated from this seem to be accurate...

however, all the of in my project have references to the system version of instead of a plain jane (or -lname) as it appears in the makefiles,, configure, etc...

SO... eventually the build fails because the system brings in all of these other dependencies that break everything....

Does anyone know how i can ensure my local libname.a gets used?