Re: Linking against indirect dependencies

From: Szombathelyi György
Subject: Re: Linking against indirect dependencies
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:36:32 +0200

Scott James Remnant írta:

Patch was written and rejected;

The Debian libtool packages include it.

What was the reason of the rejection? The static - dynamic library issue? As I see from the debian diff, it has some logic to find out if the linked libraries are static or dynamic. Can it be further improved?

Also I found out that there's a tool ( apbuild - ) which can remove bogus dependencies, but only after the linking.