Re: -no_prelink and CC -ar on IRIX

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: -no_prelink and CC -ar on IRIX
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:22:19 +0100

* Albert Chin wrote on Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:33:39AM CET:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:19:02AM +0900, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> > Albert Chin wrote:
> > | On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:23:44PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> > |
> > | Ok, this sucks. -no_prelink causes other problems. The SGI compiler
> > | leaves template droppings in the ii_files directory that *must* be
> > | copied when we extract the convenience library. Ugh.
> >
> > At the end of func_extract_archives it does a find:
> >
> > my_oldobjs="$my_oldobjs "`find $my_xdir -name \*.$objext -print -o -name
> > \*.lo -print | $NL2SP`
> >
> > Does adding -o -name \*.ii to the list help at all?
>
> That won't help. After you copy over the .ii files, you must modify
> them. I have a solution but I'm running into another problem I need to
> solve.

Just a note on this:  C++ and templates need more support from Libtool,
not just with this compiler.  There have been other bug reports (with
Portland's pgcc, for example).  icc surely suffers as well.

I'd really appreciate if someone knowledgeable would look into this.
Otherwise, I plan to eventually do this, but it looks like it could
be more than a little work, I don't have much time ATM.

Regards,
Ralf