Re: DESTDIR install and OpenBSD

From: Carlo Contavalli
Subject: Re: DESTDIR install and OpenBSD
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:17:10 +0100

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 02:14:08PM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> [...[
> Please rerun the relink with --debug added (add it manually to the
> respective line in the uninstalled libtestb.la file).
ok, in the attached relink-with-debug.log file the output of
libtool --mode=install with libtestb.la manually modified to
call libtool --debug --mode=relink... hope it's fine.

> Also please post `../../libtool --config' (preferably packed).
ok, it is attached to the mail in the file config.log. In
commands.log, the exact list of commands I run to compile
the test case. Also note that I'm using x86-openbsd in
the sourceforge compile farm.

> Please also show how you configured the package.
what do you mean? which package :)? the parameters passed to the
configure script that generated the libtool I'm using?

> Well, it can't really be added to the Makefile (because that won't see
> the DESTDIR path in its final location: when /usr/local/lib is really
> where the system sees these libraries).
ok :) this is what I thought..

> This warning may not apply to
> you in this case; but in some cases `libtool --finish' is really
> necessary: for example to run `ldconfig' or similar, if you're
> installing system libraries.
ok, good to know. Note that the libtool I'm using is version 1.5.22
from debian, with the patch you sent me in the Debian BTS.

TIA,
Cheers,
Carlo

--
  GPG Fingerprint: 2383 7B14 4D08 53A4 2C1A CA29 9E98 5431 1A68 6975