Re: Supporting -export-dynamic on AIX

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Supporting -export-dynamic on AIX
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 01:04:17 +0200

* Albert Chin wrote on Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 08:49:29PM CEST:
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 08:29:44PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > * Albert Chin wrote on Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 08:08:15PM CEST:
> > > Any reason we don't use -bexpall to support -export-dynamic on AIX?
> >
> > Yes, as commented in libtool.m4:

> I think this is still correct. How should I fix it?

Well.  In what way(s) do gaim and galculator fail, and why?
Is there a way to reproduce the failure without much hassle
such as lots of required packages, maybe even a stripped down
test case?  Are those packages doing something we may want
to allow, or is it impossible to realize portably anyway?
I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question without more
information.  (That is not to say that I could otherwise ;-)

Cheers,
Ralf