Re: LT_* equivalent to AC_CHECK_LIB?

From: Sander Niemeijer
Subject: Re: LT_* equivalent to AC_CHECK_LIB?
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:27:20 +0200

Here are some links to the archive that you might find interesting:

My suggestion for a LT_AC_CHECK_SHLIB:

Mind that there is a difference between linking a library against a library and linking a library against an application. When linking a library against a library you can not (portably) link a static library against a shared library. Since libtool is able to check for such things this was the reason that I wanted a special CHECK_SHLIB.

Links about LT_OUTPUT:

Best regards,