Re: Libtool is "unfatting" my universal binaries

From: peter
Subject: Re: Libtool is "unfatting" my universal binaries
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:13:04 +0000

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 03:44:25PM -0600, Brian wrote:
> It kind of fixed it. Everything is universal, but nothing works because my
> libs/bins are linked against .out files in /var/tmp ! These files are not
> even present in that location when I look...

When linking a shared library without a -install_name argument, the
output's install_name (soname) is set to the output file name. When
linking a universal lib, this is always in a  tmp directory (because
gcc calls ld twice and then uses lipo(1) to put the various
architectures together).

It seems likely that libtool is to blame though, could you please
email me off-list with your complete build log (gzip it if
appropriate).

Thank you,
Peter