Re: Migration to Git?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: Migration to Git?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:56:11 +0100

Hallo All,

Catching up on my mailing list backlog... *blush*

On 1 Oct 2007, at 16:10, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Benoit SIGOURE wrote:

I think that the current priority for libtool *must* be to finish the first 2.X release. Any distraction (regardless of apparent merit) will simply postpone that release even further.

Yes, that's right. When will this happen? Is there a TODO list of things that are still to be done before we can release 2.X? I'd be glad to help if I can.

Yes, there is a TODO list. Gary is working on the remaining big task (deciding how to build/use libltdl in a project). Since he is likely to strongly prefer git, then this could serve as extra incentive to get the task completed. :-)

The task proper is done, but I'm flat out on a big release schedule at work. As soon as I have a couple of days outside the release (where I can stand to be still on my computer) I just need to write a test case or two, and check that everything is behaving as expected...

Once I started managing my patch queue with quilt I gave up maintaining the Arch repositories, so they are certainly very out of date by now (if they even still work at all). But you're right, we need to get past the release first, and once the dust has settled on that, I would love nothing more than to move from CVS to a modern SCM :-D

Cheers,
        Gary
--
  ())_.              Email me: address@hidden