Re: linking a C program with a C++ library on Solaris

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: linking a C program with a C++ library on Solaris
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:06:01 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Tim Mooney wrote:

On Solaris, if you are linking against any C++ objects, you must use the
C++ compiler to link.  I don't know if that's common to other platforms
or not, as I don't have access to the plethora of UNIX platforms I used
to.  In any case, the packages I've encountered don't seem to expect that,
so the (libtool) link stage for the C project doesn't know to use C++,
and the link fails.

Libtool 2.2 does not have this problem. It should be released as soon as someone is available to create the release package since the consensus is that it is ready. Since it did not appear to happen this past weekend, maybe we will be lucky and it will pop out this next weekend.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn