Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs

From: Vikram Ambrose
Subject: Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:30:22 -0400

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Vikram Ambrose wrote on Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:59:38PM CEST:
Thanks all. However modifying the code is not a possibility. I do understand that the code is not designed properly. I am looking for a way to configure the build tools to build the code properly instead of configuring the code to get the build tools to build it properly.

If you are using GCC:

cat > my-fixup-header.h <<\EOF
/* This file maps the PIC define given by libtool
   to STATIC/SHARED needed by my legacy code */
#ifdef PIC
# define SHARED
#else
# define STATIC
#endif
EOF
./configure CPPFLAGS="-include `pwd`/my-fixup-header.h"

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf
Fantastic, thank you very much. I did not know of this feature.

Hopefully this maybe also thought of as an implicit feature request for the next release. libtool to read lib_la_* and additionally lib_a_* flags.

thank you Ralf and the rest of the libtool mailing list.

Vikram

--
Vikram Ambrose | Linux Products Division | WindRiver Corporation