Re: Installed libs wrongly used on 64-bit Linux?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Installed libs wrongly used on 64-bit Linux?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:52:51 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Mike Frysinger wrote:

Gentoo uses a "build root" in the same sense.  all packages are compiled and
then installed into a temporary root before being merged to the actual file
system.  we utilize DESTDIR very heavily.  i imagine the issue you're hitting
would be easily reproducible by:

Thanks for the sage advice. Now I just need to figure out why modules don't load for this CentOS user. The problem with CentOS is clearly different than with Gentoo.

Bob Friesenhahn
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,