Re: building a completely static executable (using boost regex library

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: building a completely static executable (using boost regex library)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:47:39 +0200

Peter Johansson wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

I was trying to build, in linux, a completely static executable that uses libboost_regex;

I issued

configure LDFLAGS="-static"
make LDFLAGS="-all-static"

what am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you have static version of boost_regex available. A quick check on my machine (Fedora) revealed that I only have a dynamic version of boost (

I suspected that!
the fact is that I also have libboost_regex.a and I thought that it was a static version...

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)