autobuild results (was: 2.4 Release in 24hrs)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: autobuild results (was: 2.4 Release in 24hrs)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:05:19 +0200

Hi Peter,

* Peter Rosin wrote on Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 08:54:43AM CEST:
> Den 2010-09-20 19:41 skrev Ralf Wildenhues:
> > I'd really appreciate if you guys could send build logs to the autobuild
> > server as I've been doing lately, much more than just posting
> > non-verbose results on the list here.
[...]
> > Here's what I use, more or less, to create the logs:

> >   mail libtool_autobuild.josefsson.org < logfile
> >
> > with the underscore replaced by @.  For now, OPTIONS includes
> > autobuild_mode=bla if there is anything special about the build.
>
> If I do post there, will a human (you?) or a robot process the mail?

A robot will periodically (once an hour?) process mails, deleting
anything not carrying the autobuild signature, and creating the
overview web page that links to all logs from the rest.  Details at
<http://autobuild.josefsson.org/README.html>.

I'm mostly interested in collecting a large number of samples in order
to be able to pinpoint regressions more easily at a later stage.  For
this reason, and because Simon garbage-collects logs older than 24 days,
I'm probably going to start mirroring all posted logs to my hard drive
eventually.  Hopefully this can be improved somehow at a later stage,
when the service has moved to savannah.

> Is the Subject: important?

No.

> I have plans to soon mail output from the v2.4 tag with OPTIONS as
> below on MSYS:
*snip*

That looks all fine to me.  Thanks!

Cheers,