Re: How to create only target shared library at place not ending in rpat

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: How to create only target shared library at place not ending in rpath?
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:30:30 +0100

Hello Vitaly,

* Vitaly V. Ch wrote on Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:01:44PM CET:
> I'm try to speed up compilation of my project by removing overhead
> stages. Especially time of installation.

Please also try to speed up communication for us by slowing down
communication on your end of the mail writing: Please state your problem
more clearly, so we don't have to ask what you meant.  Thank you.

Would you like to avoid building both static and shared libraries?
Use --disable-static or --disable-shared at configure time.

Would you like to speed up 'make install'?  Use the newest Automake
version, in case you're using a version older than 1.11 now.

Would you like to not install some of the shared libraries you build,
but still create them as shared rather than convenience archives?
Use noinst_LTLIBRARIES but also pass '-rpath /nowhere' or so in
libfoo_la_LDFLAGS.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf