Re: libtool problem

From: Alice Wonder
Subject: Re: libtool problem
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 17:10:12 -0700

I think the problem must be with audacity.

I tried building several other packages with the new gcc, including orc from the GStreamer project that requires libtool to build and I made sure (in mock buildroot) that only the /opt/gnu/bin/libtool I built was available - and they compiled, passed test suites, etc.

It's audacity that has a problem - even the older version that builds with system gcc has same tag error when building against the newer gcc in /opt/gnu. So something about the macros does not seem to like gcc installed outside of /usr

autoreconf -fvi results in an error about undefined macros.

aclocal --force -I /opt/gnu/share/aclocal -I m4
autoconf

That results in a configure script but it produces the same tag error.

So I'm going to see if anyone on their list knows what the issue is because the gcc definitely works, even when autoconf and libtoolize are needed, in other software.

I'll figure it out, the errors from autoreconf at least give me some hints as to what in their build scripts may need patching.

Thank you for that tip.