libunwind-devel

[Libunwind-devel] libunwind and windows

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind and windows
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 07:21:21 +0200

Hello

i am planning to work a bit on porting libunwind on Windows. Note that
i don't know the internal of libunwind so my questions in that thread
could be naive.

First, I've got libunwind from the official github repo. I compile
with MSYS2 + mingw-w64 (64 bits toolchain). Configure options :
--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --disable-static. I did some changes in the
autotools so that configure passes

Running make, the first error is the ucontext.h header file which is
not found. Normal.

After some grep, it appears that you call only getcontext() function.
On Windows, the equivalent of ucontext_t type is the CONTEXT type and
getcontext() equivalent is GetThreadContext() on the current thread.

I can add a typedef for unw_tdep_context_t in libunwind-x86_64.h and
port getcontext() somewhere to change at least as possible the current
code.

question: In which file should I put this getcontext() port  ?

Vincent Torri