Re: [Lightning] JIT_FP -> JIT_AP

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Lightning] JIT_FP -> JIT_AP
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:57:42 +0100

Hi Paolo,

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> From looking at Ludovic's code for SPARC automatic variables (which I
> won't merge as is, but did give precious insights), I think we need to
> free JIT_FP for automatic stack variables.  So I'm renaming JIT_FP to
> JIT_AP all around (doc and code).

Cool.  Why "AP" BTW?

The reason why I used `_JIT_SPARC_FP' instead of `JIT_FP' is that when
`JIT_FP' is defined lightning assumes on-stack parameter passing, which
I didn't want.

Thus, instead of what you propose, I'd have kept `JIT_FP' to denote the
FP register and then have back-ends define
`JIT_STACK_BASED_PARAMETER_PASSING' when needed.

Thanks,
Ludovic.