Re: [Lightning] 1.3 and jit_calli() for 64-bit? (And where can I get it.

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] 1.3 and jit_calli() for 64-bit? (And where can I get it..?)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:52:54 +0200

It seems that even 1.2c is not sufficient for my needs on amd64: jit_calli()
still uses CALLm which (so far as I can tell) casts its argument to a 32-bit
value. In other words, trying to call a function residing in the higher
address range will fail due to truncation of the function pointer. Is this
fixed in 1.3/trunk and if so, where can I get my hands on it? Sadly, trying
to fix the generation myself would be about three orders of magnitude over
my head

I can look at it next week. You can get trunk from CVS (at https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/lightning/ you will find all info).

Paolo