Re: [Lightning] Reducing opcode permutations

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Reducing opcode permutations
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:46:51 +0100

addr_c
addr_uc
addr_i
addr_ui
addr_l
addr_ul
addr_p

Would all be collapsed down to simply: addr, since addr is a
register-register operation

I don't think I have that many redundant operations in lightning; search for "synonyms" in the porting manual, there are very few unnecessary _c/_uc/_s/_us operations. For example, I included all cases for load/store operations, but adds only work at the word level. _l/_ul are always included for portability to 64-bit systems, _p is too and sometimes provides additional support for patching forward references.

Paolo