Re: [Lightning] Re: Broken jump patching on x86_64

From: Laurent Michel
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Re: Broken jump patching on x86_64
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:52:43 -0400

On Jun 11, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Turns out that on MacOS the VM areas for static vars and malloc do not have the execution bit set.

Does using mprotect work?

It should. But I did not try that.

1) How can I _cleanly_ configure for that target ?

Probably, something like

 CC="gcc -arch x86_64" ./configure && make

I'll try that. The main issue seemed to be the incorrect symbolic links though (linking to the xxx-32.h rather than xxx-64.h)

3) What is the general state of the x86_64 port? What can I expect to work / not work ?  What are the big changes I should be aware of ?

Large (>32-bit) immediates do not work for most instructions.  The rest should be ok.

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

Thanks,

Paolo