Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2505 in lilypond: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \fo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2505 in lilypond: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:34:04 +0000

Comment #30 on issue 2505 by address@hidden: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript

I am working on another suggestion which will likely cut the countdown short with a nicer interface like sketched out.

The advantage is that it works like a \tweak, but that also implies that it will not register as an event of its own as it must keep articulations it attaches to intact. So in order to have not too many different generic listeners, I turn this into a \tweak. Footnotes, however, can specify a particular Grob they attach to (like Stem or Flag), so I have extended the tweak mechanism to accept Grob restrictions.

I expect to finish today, but it is a somewhat substantial change and perhaps some internals will be somewhat rushed. So getting it in will cause some more discussion.

I was not suggesting stopping the countdown just to give myself some more pressure for finishing.