[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3306 in lilypond: Point and click does not work on

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3306 in lilypond: Point and click does not work on Windows
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:09:11 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: OpSys-Windows Type-Other

New issue 3306 by address@hidden: Point and click does not work on Windows

The problem is described in http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Point-and-Click-does-not-work-on-Windows-td115986.html - i.e. the textedit URLs do get embedded in the PDF, but these are not properly handled by the delivered solution. There is a clever batch file that fixes this, but this requires the registry be edited after every lilypond installation. It also assumes the user is familiar with editing a batch file to use their own favourite editor. My suggested approach:

* modify the batch file to default to using lilypad as delivered with lilypond * call lilypad using the full path to it - this is now necessary since we do not set the PATH in windows. * gain the path details from the $0 command line argument, with batch file string manipulation
* allow the user to set environment variable LILY_EDITOR to over-ride this.

Note - there is also a bug in lilypad, which means that the maximum column width that is used is the width of the line _above_ the relevant one. We need someone with a Windows C compiler to fix that, I believe.