[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3590 in lilypond: Backslash in a node name causes

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3590 in lilypond: Backslash in a node name causes problems
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:48:13 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Other

New issue 3590 by address@hidden: Backslash in a node name causes problems

Reported by Trevor Daniels:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-09/msg00116.html
as a reaction on
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-09/msg00112.html

It seems a backslash in a node name causes no problems for
references within the same manual, but cross-references across
manuals fail.  The correct way of dealing with this is to drop the
backslash from the node name and encode it using the bs{}
macro in the heading.  Here's an example from changing-defaults.itely:

@node The set command
@subsection The @address@hidden command

I see there are several node names in the documentation that include
native backslashes, but only the one noted above is used in a
reference across manuals.  I'll fix ref_check.py to check for backslash
in note names to give a warning, and amend all the instances in the
documentation.  Oh, and add a note to the CG.