[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5165 [Feature

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5165 [Feature Request]: More flexible SVG snippet cropping
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 14:49:33 +0000

Passes make, make check and a full make doc

[issues:#5165] [Feature Request]: More flexible SVG snippet cropping

Created: Wed Jul 26, 2017 02:56 PM UTC by pkx166h
Last Updated: Thu Jul 27, 2017 07:22 AM UTC
Owner: pkx166h

http://codereview.appspot.com/326960043

I might have posted my request to the wrong mailing list. The original
message is below, but is not quite relevant with some new developments.

I have found the -dpreview option, but has a big limitation as it only
outputs the first line.

Looking through the code, my feature seems like in between the two existing
methods dump-page and dump-preview, found in scm/framework-svg.scm. The
little stumbling block is how both methods are invoked
separately: output-framework or output-preview-framework, both supplying
different arguments, the main difference being "stensil" that is required
for calculating the viewbox, but is not in dump-page.

Would it be possible for the two methods to be merged, so that there's an
option for cropping on pages that are not just previews (and on multi-page
scores)? (Or if a third method could be made...)

If someone could add this feature, it would be very useful for my work, and
for Lilypond's prominence on Wikipedia.

Cordially,

Étienne Beaulé

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/