[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5240 Allo

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5240 Allow adjacent analysis brackets
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 11:39:29 -0000

Overlapping ones are acutally possible by utilizing multiple voices.
Check for instance this example: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Analysis-brackets-td45330.html

However, your syntax proposal would of course be a neat solution to this issue and to writing arbitrarily nested analysis brackets

[issues:#5240] Allow adjacent analysis brackets

Created: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 AM UTC by Amir Czwink
Last Updated: Sun Apr 01, 2018 01:22 PM UTC
Owner: nobody
Attachments:

There is currently no way to have an analysis bracket end on a note and have another bracket begin from exactly that same note. To me thats actually a defect but I guess that wasn't planned in the first place.
Something like "c\stopGroup\startGroup" will not cause the bracket to actually end and another to begin but rather will combine both groups into one. Using voices does also not solve the problem because either the note will appear twice or, when a ghost note is used, the bracket will not span over it.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/