Re: Duration bug in 1.4

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Duration bug in 1.4
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:12:11 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I have found a bug in 1.4.

(Then you should probably use the bug-lilypond or lilypond-user
mailing lists. This one is mainly for the development version 1.5.x.)

> If you reduce the effective length of a duration (by appending a
> fraction to it) to the notes of a chord, the reduction is not
> propagated to the other notes and the not is typeset with its full
> length.
>
> eg <e1*5/8 gs b> is occupies the duration of a full length semibreve
> rather than only 5/8ths of the duration.
>
> AFAIK it works fine for single notes.

\times 5/8 <e1 gs b>
gives what you want. However, I agree that it's confusing
that the fraction part of the duration is not copied as a
default duration from the previous note. I don't see it as
a particular problem for chords, though, you may argue that
{e1*2/3 f g} should be equivalent to \times 2/3{e1 f g}
(maybe apart from the tuplet notation added).

   /Mats

  /Mats
but not the fraction.