Re: Shape notes

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Shape notes
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:47:34 +0100

[moving discussion to lilypond-devel]

address@hidden writes:
>   Had a burst of energy and creativity tonight.  I can now do all the
> processing I need for each note to decide which shape to print.  So, I
> looked into lilypond/tetex font stuff for the first time.  That was a lot
> more complex than I was expecting.
>
>   I immediately despaired of using my friend's truetype shaped-note font.
> But then on a whim I searched on google for "tetex truetype," and it's
> possible to convert truetype fonts for tetex after all:
> http://www.agh.edu.pl/pub/tex/info/TrueType/

that is problematic; I don't want to support this route. Try to find
someone to code metafont for the shapes, and have a look at the font
itself (cd mf ; make out/feta20.dvi ; xdvi out/feta20 ) -- we support
quite a number of head shapes already.

> parser.  (Hmm... I wonder what happens if it's minor.  Ick!  Best not to
> think about that.)  Then I've got a relative-scale class I've put together

don't do that. The signature can be discovered through
get_property("keySignature") within any engraver.