Re: wrapping long textual markup

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: wrapping long textual markup
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:28:27 +0100 (MET)

Citat Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> In principle, Lilypond has all the knowledge needed to do
> the requested line breaking, it's just a matter of implementing
> the mechanism.

A good start that would fix quite a lot of problems and would be easy to
implement would be simply to shift text-scripts that otherwise would fall of
the right edgde leftwards. I mean, if the text script is too far to the right
then rightify it.
Of course this would require a very accurate detextion of the actual width of a
chunk of text.

Rune Zedeler
Otte Ruds Gade 44A 4tv
DK 8200 Ã…rhus N