Re: Piano pedalling patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Piano pedalling patch
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:24:26 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Attached is a new version of the piano pedal stuff, which puts
> pedal-specific text spanner properties in a new grob
> (PianoPedalBracket), replaces gh_scm2bool with to_boolean, and
> adds some conditionals for undefined properties.
>
> There's a couple of TODOs, regarding Rune's comments about pedals
> extending to the end of notes, and support for __| |__ or __| Ped.
> instead of __/\__.

Somewhat reluctantly I put in the patch -- this comment is not
entirely satisfying.

     /* Hmm. TODO: This should be set in grob-description.scm, but
        side-positioning
        of consecutive brackets only seems to work if direction is +1 within
        the en */

I do have a remark left though:

angle-{left,right} should either be renamed, or really be an angle.
I'd vote for the 2nd option, so people could set redefine the layout
of a bracket. Or is this redundant as we have edge-width as well? If
it is, angle-{left,right} should go, and edge-width should be renamed
to something like "bracket-edge-flare", or "edge-flare"