Feature Request: Vienna-style orchestral parts

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Feature Request: Vienna-style orchestral parts
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:08:06 +0200

Hi folks,

once again, I'm missing a feature in Lilypond. In orchestras, it is common
practice to mark up repeats in the parts like this to make the part more
readable:

 /        \
/          \
||.       .||
||.       .||
||         ||
\          /
 \        /

In addition, those repeats are marked in blue, while coda and segno signs are
marked in red. Would it be possible that Lilypond can do that for me by
setting a Score property? I don't know how difficult that is, the layout of
the repeat signs would have to be changed PLUS color added. Maybe in two
steps?

                \translator {
                        \ScoreContext
                        viennaRepeats = ##t