Re: Plans for guitar notation

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Plans for guitar notation
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:53:18 +0000

Rune Zedeler wrote:

Kamil Kisiel wrote:

notation program when I came across the lilypond project. I am wondering
if there are any plans to include guitar-tab functionality to lilypond,

Well, yes, plans, yes... Lots of plans... Only plans, though.
I have been working on this very slowly... For now all I have done is to
draw a Tab-clef and start bugfixing the typesetting when the number of
staff lines is even

Wouldn't it be simpler to consider each line of tab to be a staff of a
single line? I would love to have lines and numbers for 5-string banjo music, but bends and stuff like that in the tab make no sense, because
they belong in the notation, not the tab.  The notation tells what music
sounds like, the tab is only fingering.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden