Re: First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:16:16 +0200 (CEST)

[discussion on footnotes in LaTeX]

Though I have not thought over this in detail (and I was not necessarily
thinking of LaTeX as output format), my idea was that the footnote may
contain not only text, but also a snippet of music, typically a single bar
out of the score printed in small size.  Since, I guess, this may totally
screw up LaTeX if putting Lily's output directly into a footnote, perhaps
lily should produce an output file of its own for each footnote.  In the
case of LaTeX (hoping that LaTeX footnotes consider eps bounding boxes
correctly), you could compile the footnote music separately and then imbed
it as a figure in the footnote.  Anyway, the solution should be not
limited to TeX/LaTeX output.

Greetings,
Juergen