pedal bugs

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: pedal bugs
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:29:23 +0100

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:44:54PM +0200, Han-Wen wrote:

> BTW, in the examples of in the reference manual, the Ped and the
> ____ overlap. Maybe you can also have a look at that. Thanks!

This started to happenwhen this line was removed from
piano-pedal-engraver.cc (create_bracket_grobs) in 1.5.55

      if (p->item_p_)
        p->bracket_p_->set_parent (p->item_p_, Y_AXIS);

because... (1.5.56)

      /*
       Warning: we can't hang the bracket on an item in Y-direction:
       it will cause problems when the bracket is broken, because the
       item can be on another line.
      */

I set the text as the parent to the line, so that the length of the
text could be calculated within the brew_molecule. (I realise now that
the y-parent of spanner elements should be the spanner.) What's a
better way to get information about the adjacent text while drawing
the line?

--
chris