missing 1st note on 2nd part of staff after volta

From: Deborah Lowrey
Subject: missing 1st note on 2nd part of staff after volta
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Lilypond,

I have Lilypond 1.5.62 for Windows, and am typesetting
Anitra's Dance (Grieg). It has 6 measures then a volta
then two alternatives, then a second volta ending with
two alternatives. The first 6 measures and the first
volta with 2 alternatives works great.

But the second volta does not show the 2nd part's
(using partcombine) first note. I.E. Violini I part
one is f4 and Violini I part two (combined on same
staff) is d4. Only the f4 is showing. If I add text or
dynamics to the second part only that will show. The
first note of the second part is being treated like a
s (space). Suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Deborah