Tablature - my 1.6 proposal

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Tablature - my 1.6 proposal
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 02:06:55 +0200

We need to get something relatively futuresafe up and running in 1.6.

I suggest that we wait with the syntax extensions till 1.7 - no one of the "tab freaks" know anything about Bison, and hence it would take too much work. If one REALLY needs to get fingerings in the tab, one CAN always do c-3-#'(finger "4").

My suggestion is:
Add two boolean properties to the TabStaffContext: highStringOne and stringOneTopMost.

highStringOne decides whether the string with highest pitch or the string with lowest pitch is string one, and stringOneTopMost decides whether string one is printed on top or bottom of the tab.

If you have not hacked too much in the tab-engraver (Jiba) I will gladly implement the above. I think that this is a fairly compromise that do not lock us up in a dead end when we decide to implement a better syntax.

-Rune