patch; scm/music-types.scm

From: Graham Percival
Subject: patch; scm/music-types.scm
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:21:09 -0700

Hi guys,
I'm having a bit of trouble filling in the descriptions for all the
events here.  In the first place, I have no clue what some of these
things do. BassFigureEvent?  BusyPlayingEvent?
Then there are some things which I can make guesses about.  BarCheck
obviously has something to do with |  but I don't know exactly
what the relationship is.
How can I learn what these things do?  I can only think of two
possibilities: asking a whole bunch of questions on this list, or doing
some heavy source diving (but I lack the programming background to do
this).

Finally, I'm not certain who I'm writing the descriptions for.  I guess
these docs aren't for newbies, but I can assume that people have read
the user manual?  For example, look at my entry for ArticulationEvent or
CrescendoEvent... is that too much information?  Too little information?
Not the right type?

Here's my attempt at it, from AbortEvent to CrescendoEvent.  The ones
that are blank are things which I couldn't guess.  I estimate that I
could fill in about half of the remaining descriptions, if my earlier
descriptions are the right kind of thing.