Re: [lilypond] Spanish notes added to keyboard shortcuts (Quick Notes)

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: [lilypond] Spanish notes added to keyboard shortcuts (Quick Notes)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 02:06:33 +0200 (EET)

> > The patch looked ok. Just use switch "-uN" and resend it. I have tweaked
> > emacs- and vim-modes, so, you can send it also to me for applying.
>
> What kind of tweaks? If you can point me out I could learn from your
> modifications, just as I did with quick-notes

For example, Emacs-mode has quite a complete list of keywords and
identifiers. I have thinked to go through them and add newest ones there
.. maybe one has also to remove some words. The idea is that if the word
is not written the right way, it will have a 'wrong' color. I have thought
to update these word lists some day -- it is a good exercise to know what
syntax LilyPond contains as a whole.

The file to update is 'lilypond-font-lock.el'. The regular expressions are
fairly simple. Typically, I have just go through a bunch of files
(.ly-files in 'input/'-cvs-directory) containing lilypond-syntax and
looked that the colors of words looked correct. If you want to catch this
challenge and add new identifiers and keywords, go ahead.

> I think it's quite useful mode for any kind of user. BTW, one of my
> firsts impressions while using lilypond-mode was that the menu
> shortcuts/entries are not very complete, there's a lot to be added. (not
> your fault, of course). Don't you agree? Another thing: is it posible to
> add, somewhere, autocompletion? I mean, typing "\cl + tab" would add a
> "\cleff", or "\pa + tab" --> "\paper", etc.

Maybe the keywords in 'lilypond-font-lock.el' should be written without
regular expressions, e.g., {[cm]m} should be written as {cm, mm}. Then the
same list could be entered to emacs-menu. With some 'Autocomplete on/off'
-switch the completions for some "\foo"+tab -> "\foobar" -behavior could
be found from that same particular list.

> Thanks again for your hints. It has encouraged me a lot.
>
> Carlos

Maybe you want also make a patch to Documentation/topdocs/AUTHORS.texi.

      Heikki Junes