Re: lilypond-mode.el Changelog AUTHORS.texi

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: lilypond-mode.el Changelog AUTHORS.texi
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:45:24 +0200 (EET)

> > $ cvs diff -uN file1 file2 file3 ... > yourpatch.diff

compares agains latest version, always. You can update only the files you
want change with "cvs update ChangeLog lilypond-mode.el" before starting
make changes. That is the way to make proper patches.

./ChangeLog -diff should be included, do

   cvs diff -uN ChangeLog lilypond-mode.el other-files... > yourpatch.diff

First you have to fetch the source: figure it out from (as an exercise)

   https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=lilypond

> I've downloaded lilypond.words, how do I make emacs to use it in
> lilypond-mode?

Fetch cvs version and look at lilypond-init.el. Latest cvs
lilypond-mode.el already proposes completions for words.

> Final question: can I do the cvs thing directly from emacs?

Look the menus, e.g.,

- Tools->Version Control->Revert to Last Version; gives latest cvs-version
(if you tested something which was unwise and you want to take a step back),

- Tools->Version Control->Compare With Last Version; look changes you have
made

Hence, also with emacs you gain when using cvs. Just go ahead! Also, you
should become familiar to browse manuals.

      Heikki Junes