Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog input/test/ lily/...

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog input/test/ lily/...
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:07:42 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> > ! /* creats */      "Ligature_engraver",
> This fix  is incorrect. Ligature_engraver does not follow protocol. It
> does
>       Spanner *
>       Ligature_engraver::create_ligature_spanner ()
>       {
>         return new Spanner (SCM_EOL);
>       }

Ok, I am not that C++ guru.  This method should actually be something that
in e.g. Java would be called an abstract method: Ligature_engraver just
defines the interface of this method, but leaves the implementation to its
subclasses (but it must be declared in Ligature_engraver itself, since it
is virtually envoked from the process_music() code of Ligature_engraver).

> If the engraver doesn't create anything (which is not the case, it
> seems), then the /*creats */ entry should simply be empty.

Most probably.  But if I recall correctly, there was some problem with
acknowledge_grob() not being called in some cases.  Hence, when putting
the creats entry empty, one should double check that

still shows ligatures (as the website of 1.7.8 currently does, while in
1.7.6, ligatures did not show).