Re: bar numbering howto?

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: bar numbering howto?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:50:27 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> As Werner pointed out, the most common example of regular numbering
> is to number 5, 10, 15, 20, ... I have never seen the scheme implemented
> in this patch so please do not include it.

That is why this discussion list is. I propose a patch and it is slammed
because it less good than the current solution. However, after all spurring
discussion, I am happy to have found a solution to my problem:

% scheme inside ly-source
#(define ((modulus-bar-number-visible n m) barnum) (and (> barnum 1) (= m
(modulo barnum n))))
\property Score.BarNumber \override #'break-visibility =
        #end-of-line-invisible
\property Score.barNumberVisibility =
        #(modulus-bar-number-visible 2 1)

Would it be ok to add this *new* function (modulus-bar-number-visible n mod)
to the source? At least, I found it useful in a Christmas song the typesetting
of which I succeded to finish. It includes all the subtlety of which we have
been discussing -- thanks to everybody. Now scheme is more familiar to
me also.

      Heikki Junes