Meloz music notation with Lilypond

From: Jeremy Black
Subject: Meloz music notation with Lilypond
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:08:30 -0800

I would like to print out sheet music in Meloz music notation. Meloz
notation is similar to a piano tabliture, the staff looks like an octave
on the keyboard from C to C. Each line of the staff has an associated
note head shape. Here is a small example of Meloz
(http://www.dmamusic.org/meloz/about.html).

How do I make new note head shapes in Lilypond? Can Lilypond output the
staff in a different format, like the one below, or do I need to do some
programming in the Lilypond source code? (and where in the source code
would I start?)

This is the simplified staff from, it looks like:

>From the top:
Three heavy black lines
Two spaces
Two light black lines.