Marking inverse articulations

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Marking inverse articulations
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:43:03 +0200 (EET)

I found once, that the current notation system is not complete it does
not have some marks which are essential in expressed music.

Suppose the following:

  |         |\   |          |\   |
  |         |    |          |    |
  |         |    |          |    |
 O         O    O          O    O
 cresc.... X contin.cresc. X  continue cresc.

One would need in the place of 'X' an anti-accent or deaccent or
whatever .. Anti-accent happens in the middle of increasing intensity.
I would like to introduce as the following mark, if there is not any mark
already. It is mixture of '<'-accent and a '/'-line over it:

         /
       _//
    __//
 __/  /
<__  /
   \/_
   /  \__
  /      \
 /

It the similar manner one could introduce other inverse articulations.
There is certainly place for more complete set of expressional marks.

First I would make feta (like once did portato), then make it available
to the code, and finally find a proper place(s) for documentation.

      Heikki Junes