Re: when to expect gcc 3.2.x compat

From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT
Subject: Re: when to expect gcc 3.2.x compat
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Peter B. Steiger wrote:

|For what it's worth, Bryan, you can install gcc 2.95 concurrently with gcc 3.2
without
|any trouble.  I'm on a Linux From Scratch system, so I have a LOT more control
over
|where things get installed (and what gets installed); I stuck gcc 2.95 in
/usr/gcc2 and
|compiled flex 2.5.4 with that.  I don't know if it was actually necessary to
compile
|lilypond with gcc 2.95 as well, but just to be sure that flex and lilypond are
compatible
|I did so, and it runs fine.

Well see the thing is I did in fact try that a couple weeks ago, and it
just plain wouldn't take it. I will probably give it a try again here
soon, but know it is just a matter of waiting for the flex people to work
it out. I just thought someone here might know more about where they are.

Let me ask you this, when you compiled flex and lilypond, did you use all
the flags like this:

CC=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/bin/gcc CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/include
CPP=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/bin/cpp CXX=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/bin/g++
CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/include

That is what I was using on my current machine to compile ardour, I'm
guessing it would be the same except telling it where to find gcc 2.95

Thanks for the info, I will work on it more after I get this other machine
going.

        Bryan