packed ragged-right

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: packed ragged-right
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

lily/spacing-spanner.cc says:

> #if 0
>   /*
>     This doesn't make sense. For ragged right we want to have the same
>     spacing. Otherwise  the option should be called differently.
>
>     ragged-righted-and-weird-spacing. Whatever.
>
>   */
>   Real strength = (ragged) ? 1.0 : 1 / (max_note_space -
> max_fixed_note_space);
>   Real distance = (ragged) ? max_fixed_note_space : max_note_space;
> #else

Is it ok if I use a boolean property "packed" (instead of "raggedright")
for these two lines?  When in ragged-right mode, using this code will pack
the notes as close as possible.  I am currently trying to fix the ligature
spacing which is still totally broken (space *between* ligature), and this
code may help to better align ligatures.  In case it turns out to be
superflous (i.e. I find a better way to align ligatures), I will remove
the two lines completely.

Greetings,
Juergen