Re: New website

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: New website
Date: 07 Aug 2003 14:47:53 +0200

> I don't know. The last time I installed the windows version is almost
> two years ago.
>
> Jan?

Yes, Chris is right.  The LilyPond icon is an old concept.

> > I would be happy
> > to write such a document, but I'm not sure yet how it would integrate with
> > the rest of the "Getting started" instructions.
>
> I dunno. I suppose that a special "windows" getting started has some
> merit, but the most important thing is that it is short.

I think the most important thing is that it's inviting to be read, and
in the language of the windows user.  We talked briefly about this,
but we didn't see how to do this/make it worth the effort.

> To combat the learning curve, I think that it would be better to write
> a simple program

I agree.  However, this thing may be not too easy to implement (I have
no idea), and having a good introduction is better than waiting for a
drag-and-drop app to happen?

Jan.